Montag, 26. Mai 2014

REVIEW: Masked Intruder - M.I.


MASKED INTRUDER – M.I.
CD/LP | Fat Wreck Chords | 13 Songs - 30:12
minutes | www.facebook.com/maskedintruder

Second album by these colorful dudes. Their debut already was a real good one for all oldschool Poppunk-lovers around the world and I often ask myself if some bands have a special "recipe" for their sound. For MASKED INTRUDER it might work like this: Take 40 parts CHIXDIGGIT and mix 'em with 30 parts NERF HERDER. Take this mixture and add 10 parts WEEZER and 10 parts GREEN DAY. And when you think this doesn't taste exciting enough just take 10 parts PUSSY RIOT ski-masks for the spicing. And there you have it: A tasty and almost perfect album for the Punkrock-summer 2014!


I say "almost perfect" cuz the sound is absolutely perfect but for my liking a little bit too polished. But well, anyways... You definitely get washed away by this big wave of bubblegum-melodies and the totally pointless/dead-serious lyrics about nerd-love, beautiful girls, geek-love, unreachable girls, getting out of prison, weirdo-love, stalking girl's houses, lovers against the law, lonely saturday nights and - of course - love in general. And ski-masks! And with "Almost like we're already in love" MASKED INTRUDER also have a genuine doo-wop a-capella song on this album. Well done gentlemen!

The band also tours Europe this year, I think I'll be there! Here are the dates:


-bernd

Keine Kommentare: